Kids Jiu-Jitsu at Clark Gracie La Jolla Jiu-Jitsu
We have just moved to San Diego and my kids are having a hard time making new friends. I began researching kids jiu jitsu San Diego and stumbled upon Clark Gracie La Jolla Jiu-Jitsu. Of course, wanting to make sure I encourage my children to try the “right” type of sport, I figured I should do some research on why jiu-jitsu would be good for my children. I must say, all of my findings were positive.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) teaches children a non-violent form of conflict resolution. On the same token, if my child is being bullied, then she will know how to defend herself until help shows up.
BJJ teaches self-discipline. If your child is prone to flying off the handle, they will learn how to control themselves (see non-violent conflict resolution).
- BJJ promotes physical activity in a fun and safe environment.
- BJJ increases socialization skills. Your children will make the best of friends at the gym!
- BJJ teaches important teamwork skills.
- BJJ instills respect and patience.
- BJJ teaches children how to take care of their health, especially since the chances of injury occurring is pretty realistic at some point in time.
- Children suffer from stress just like adults. BJJ helps to reduce stress in children and provides them with an outlet.
Research in hand, I began my search for gyms in the La Jolla area, and I found Clark Gracie La Jolla Jiu-Jitsu. They offer Lil Lions classes for children ages 4-7, and Jr. Lions classes for children ages 8-13. I was pleased to see that that their curriculum matched the findings in my research.
The Little Lions class introduces the younger kids to the rules of the mat. They work on agility and discipline. When they are ready, they will be moved to the Jr. Lions class. This class prepares your children to move up to the fundamentals class. In addition to teaching techniques for self-defense and anti-bullying, your child will also start to understand the competitive aspects of the sport.
Clark Gracie La Jolla Jiu-Jitsu is a great gym and is good for all ages. It will give your kids the environment they need to help them grow and succeed with the sport. Their focus will improve and they will build friendships built on trust and a love for a sport that they can practice for a life time.